Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
The Parent Teacher Organization is working to establish itself within the school and the community. In addition to helping the school find better ways to achieve student success, many parents are involved in helping the school raise funds for the students.
PTO Meetings are held on the First Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m.
All interested parties are encouraged to attend. For more information about the Parent Teacher Organization, please e-mail Dr. Anderson Thomas.
School Advisory Council (SAC)
What is SAC?
- The State mandates that every school has a SAC.
- The SAC determines what the goals for the school are and writes a School Improvement Plan (SIP).
- They also make recommendations to the principal as to how to spend school improvement money.
- The money must be used to reach the SAC goals.
State and District Requirements
The SAC must have similar demographics as the school and include the following representation:
- Principal (1)
- SAC Chair (1)
- Teachers (2)
- School Personnel (2)
- Community Representative (1)
- Business Representative (1)
- Parents (2)
- At least 51% of the SAC must be non-employees of Lehigh Acres Middle School.
- 60% of the school population is made up of minority students.
- The SAC must be within 15% of that figure.
- Minority representation must be between 45% to 75%